Awards Instructions, Criteria and Eligibility
- Please ensure that all the eligibility criteria are met.
- Please select only one award category per form.
- If you are applying for multiple categories, then please fill separate forms and provide relevant documents separately.
- You may attach copies of credentials like certificates, recommendation letters, newspaper clippings, photographs, etc. with this application form. All attached documents sent along with the entry form will become IDA property and shall not be returned.
- Alternately, if you wish to include copies of additional documents to support your nomination then it is recommended that the entry form be e-mailed along with the documents to IDA Teaching Awards Secretariat, at the email address mentioned above. Documents sent with the nomination form will become IDA property and shall not be returned.
- In case you are attaching any movies/presentations etc. along with your entry, only CD’s will be accepted. Please ensure that you label the CD correctly along with your Name & Telephone number and the Category of the Award. CD’s sent will become IDA property and shall not be returned.
- It is recommended to have all attachments, Spiral or hard bound along with an Index (Table of contents) for attached credentials and ensure they are serially numbered and no loss of material.
- Kindly fill the form in BLOCK LETTERS.
- All fields are mandatory. Incomplete form will be considered invalid.
- Entries will not be encouraged after the last date of submission.
- Ensure that you have read the Criteria, Terms and Conditions of the award, as by submitting this form, you agree with the terms of participation of the ‘IDA Teaching Awards’.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria to apply for all the categories of the awards:
- Number of years of service should be at least 5 years in any registered institution.
- Should have taught at least 15 hours per week for 5 years or more.
- Should have taught at least 500 students across 5 years or more.
- Preferably, the nominee must possess the required qualification for teaching as per government norms. However, the jury may consider other teachers, in cases where extraordinary teaching has been demonstrated.
- The nominee applying for any of the award category should be currently working.
- Only Indian Nationals currently residing in India are eligible for the awards.
Supporting document submission:
During the process of evaluation and/or notifying the finalists of the mentioned categories, IDA has the right to ask for further documents supporting your nomination or request for evidential proof for further evaluation.